SolidFire is a production-ready storage solution company based in Boulder, CO focused on solving the most challenging problems facing cloud service providers today. We are looking for a skilled Storage Product Manager who has extensive experience in product life-cycle management along with pricing, positioning, and analysis experience within competitive markets.
The Storage Product Manager is responsible for the establishment and maintenance SolidFire’s product life-cycle along with maintaining the product’s competitive position within the storage landscape. This role works closely with the Director of Product Management and reports directly to the VP of Marketing.
Primary responsibilities of the Storage Product Manager include:
• Establishment of a full-spectrum hardware and software launch process including; documentation, sales training, partner training, and PR support
• Develop and maintain SolidFire’s product life-cycle process
• Responsible for competitive product analysis that looks in depth at product pricing, feature functionality, and marketplace positioning.
• Evaluate current product functionality and pricing in order to deliver recommendations on next-gen products
• Execute and deliver real-time positioning analysis on all new storage industry products and announcements to the sales team and executive staff
• Support the technical training of sales, partners and key customers on new products and feature functionality
Successful candidates require strong product management skills coupled with a deep knowledge of enterprise storage and appetite for the rapidly changing cloud ecosystem. Candidates must have excellent analysis skills and a firm grasp of the product life-cycle.
• Minimum 2-5+ years of storage product management experience
• Demonstrated capability / methodologies in each of the following areas
• Competitive market analysis
• Product pricing
• Product life-cycle management
• Product launch
• Efficient, organized, calm under pressure, excellent communicator
• Comfortable presenting and working with senior management internally and externally
• Some travel is expected
SolidFire is a cutting edge data-storage company that occupies a unique space between two of the most exciting trends in IT; cloud computing and solid-state storage. The SolidFire storage technology has its roots in some of the world's largest cloud service providers and is laser focused on solving one of their most challenging problems - how to guarantee block storage performance to thousands of customers within a shared infrastructure. Solving this problem correctly has huge implications, and at SolidFire we believe we are doing much more than building a storage product. At SolidFire, we are advancing the way the world uses the cloud. If you are interested in working in a challenging environment on a technology that has the potential to change the way companies compute worldwide, then we’d love to hear from you. SolidFire is assembling a world-class team and represents one of the hottest opportunities in the technology sector today. Come join us in advancing the way the world uses the cloud.