SolidFire is a production-ready storage solution company based in Boulder, CO solving the most challenging problems facing large-scale Public and Private cloud deployments. We are looking for an experienced hands-on Technical Support, Engineer who is passionate about providing outstanding customer support for our state-of-the-art cloud storage solutions. This is an opportunity to join an exceptional team and to establish and implement winning customer support/deployment processes. Our team has a work hard, play hard mentality, so your ability to have some fun is a must!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
As the lead member of the SolidFire Technical Support and Services team, you will work hand-in-glove with the Director of Support and Services to set the direction, guide our growing team and implement winning strategies to support SolidFire's customers. This position is responsible for working customer escalation cases logged by SolidFire's customer base via phone and ticketing system. Other specifics include:
• Provide installation services with exceptional customer service at Customer’s location for proof-of-concepts, trials, or customer purchases (25% travel).
• Respond to, solve, and own post-sales customer support issues, escalating to software engineering or management when appropriate.
• Collect pertinent information from customers to facilitate deployment success or resolve cases.
• Use technical expertise to troubleshoot network storage solution issues and SolidFire product issues.
• Provide remote support diagnostics and troubleshooting for customer issues.
• Document case details in Case Management system.
• Create knowledge base articles and documentation material.
• Deliver occasional training to internal/external customers and team members.
Desired Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background, great troubleshooting skills at the network and Linux OS levels and experience managing technical and non-technical teams. The candidate will also have organizational and professional skills to deliver the highest level of response to the customer. Additional requirements include:
• BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
• Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a technical support organization providing technical support and escalation management for infrastructure and complex applications running in a networked environment (preferably storage).
• Technical knowledge at the IT Administrator level related to storage, virtualization and applications that require storage.
• Deep knowledge and experience with Linux.
• Experience in IP networking, scripting (Python is preferred) and/or storage technologies (RAID, DAS, SAN, clustered storage).
• Ability and prior exposure in reading OS level logs, system logs, and proprietary application logs.
• Ability to read and understand programming code is a plus.
• Demonstrated exceptional customer management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Experience with one or more Case Management systems is a plus.
• Positive attitude, willingness to be part of a team and help establish process and workflows.
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to be on-call periodically to handle support issues after business hours and over weekends and holidays.