SolidFire is a production-ready storage solution company based in Boulder, CO focused on solving the most challenging problems facing cloud service providers today. We are looking for an experienced Support and Deployment Engineer who is passionate about providing exceptional customer service for our state-of-the-art cloud storage solution. This is an opportunity to join a team at the ground floor and help to establish world-class processes for support and deployment. Our team has a work hard, play hard mentality, so your ability to have some fun is a must!
As a member of the SolidFire technical support and services team, the Tier-3 Engineer will support both hardware and software products for SolidFire end-users. This position is responsible for providing onsite deployment for proof-of-concepts, trials, or Customer purchases. Additionally, the engineer will be responsible for working Customer Support Cases logged by SolidFire's Customer base via phone and ticketing system. Other specifics include:
- Provide installation services with exceptional customer service at Customer’s location for proof-of-concepts, trials, or Customer purchases (25-50% travel).
- Respond to, own, and manage post-sales Customer support issues, escalating to software engineering or management when appropriate.
- Collect pertinent information from Customers to facilitate deployment success or resolve cases.
- Use technical expertise to troubleshoot network storage solution issues and SolidFire product issues.
- Provide remote support diagnostics and troubleshooting for Customer issues.
- Document case details in Case Management system.
- Create knowledge base articles and documentation material.
- Deliver occasional training to internal/external Customers and team members.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background, and most importantly, good troubleshooting skills at the network and Linux OS levels. The candidate will also have organizational and professional skills to deliver the highest level of response to the customer. Additional requirements include:
- BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a technical support organization providing technical support for infrastructure and complex applications running in a networked environment (preferably storage).
- Technical knowledge at the IT Administrator level related to storage, virtualization, or applications that require storage.
- Deep knowledge and experience with Linux.
- Experience in IP networking, scripting (Python is preferred) and/or storage technologies (RAID, DAS, SAN, clustered storage).
- Ability and prior exposure in reading OS level logs, system logs, and proprietary application logs.
- Ability to read and understand programming code is a plus.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with one or more Case Management systems is a plus.
- Positive attitude, willingness to be part of a team and help establish process and workflows.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to be on-call periodically to handle support issues after business hours and over weekends and holidays.
SolidFire is a cutting edge data-storage company that occupies a unique space between two of the most exciting trends in IT; cloud computing and solid-state storage. The SolidFire storage technology has its roots in some of the world's largest cloud service providers and is laser focused on solving one of their most challenging problems - how to guarantee block storage performance to thousands of customers within a shared infrastructure. Solving this problem correctly has huge implications, and at SolidFire we believe we are doing much more than building a storage product. At SolidFire, we are advancing the way the world uses the cloud. If you are interested in working in a challenging environment on a technology that has the potential to change the way companies compute world-wide, then we’d love to hear from you. SolidFIre is assembling a world-class team and represents one of the hottest opportunities in the technology sector today. Come join us in advancing the way the world uses the cloud.